Image credit goes to some random Pinterest template I found
Here it is, at last. The tag that I’ve put off for a solid year is finally being answered 😅🤭
Anyways, if you’ve stuck around WP for a while, you must’ve probably heard of this tag just floating around in the blogosphere. So, here’s “The Peer Pressure Tag” response of SS. Shoutout to Poorwa Vishwakarma @ Poorwa’s Blog and the original creator Zoe @ bluemallowmelt for tagging me to do this. Do check out Poorwa’s blog for some epic content on all things K-Pop related and some tidbits about life and blogging in general (also, the blog’s aesthetic’s pretty great as well), as well as Zoe’s blog for some pretty great posts.
You know the drill to these posts, so let’s go!
- Link back to the creator bluemallowmelt.
- Provide a link to the person who tagged you.
- Answer all questions honestly. No lying!
- Come up with 5 questions of your own. (4 have to be about peer pressure; 1 can be random and about whatever)
- Tag at least 10 people and provide links to their blogs.
- Recommend at least 5 books or songs you see everywhere/are very popular that you’ve read or listened to.
- Use the hashtag #peer pressure tag for easier visibility.
Poorwa and Zoe’s Questions:
#1. What would you teach your friend if you could teach anything?
Ans. Given a choice, I’d teach them how to play the guitar. Maybe they could have some fun jamming out to some popular songs that they like.
#2.Is there anything you’ve bought because it was popular?
Ans. *flashbacks to the time yours truly was in middle school* Uh…….the whole Dork Diaries and Wimpy Kid series and a few of the Thea Stilton books (for those of you who don’t know, it’s kind of this girly version of Geronimo Stilton). Back in my day, those series were an all time cult classic in my school.
#3. Tell us any one incident of peer pressure that happened in your school?
Ans. Okay, so by 10th Grade: a majority of my batchmates had their own Instagram accounts (obviously, yours truly was one of those specimens who didn’t have a social media account other than WhatsApp). So every time I checked WhatsApp statuses of special school occasions, or if I heard some juicy gossip regarding our high school batch, or if it was some funny trend/inside joke, I kind of felt very left out on not having an IG account. A couple of my friends just shooed me away when it came to such conversations, which made it even more awkward. However, my parents always used to say that it was for the better that I didn’t have one. But I was clearly suffering from a case of FOMO (which is short for fear of missing out).
So, when my 10th boards got postponed due to the pandemic, I was wasting time on the web version of Instagram. One thing lead to another and I ended up creating an account without my parents knowledge. I created one for the sole purpose of posting my sketches and doodles, and I had a blast just posting stuff randomly and wasting more time on memes and playing with filters, to the point where I not so subtle-ly made an announcement on my WhatsApp status regarding the IG account (which my parents thankfully didn’t see). However this was quite short lived because I deleted it the next day out of guilt. Looking back on it now, I realize that I had done it mainly out of peer pressure and that I shouldn’t have done it hastily.
#4. Do you like popular songs?
Ans. Yeah, I do like some pop songs (including a few K-Pop songs). Infact, the last K-Pop song I listened to was probably “Magic Shop”by BTS, and it was quite the beat (it was so catchy, even though I didn’t understand a single word they said 😂)
#5. What did you eat today? Did you like it?
Ans. I ate mushroom noodles, and it was quite good.
#6. Have you ever asked (read: forced) a friend to read certain books?
Ans. For my answer, just replace “books” with “music”. It was more of a mutual action that my best friend and I had done. She made me listen to this chicken DJ wala song, and Baby Shark, both of which never left my head for a solid week. I made her listen to a TwoSet Violin cover of Bad Guy (which she found humorous), and “Pepper” (which appeared in one episode of Umbrella Academy Season 2, and she was having a laughing fit about the artist’s name).
Some Song Suggestions:
- Slow Dancing In The Dark – Joji
- Monody – TheFatRat
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Instant Crush – Daft Punk
- Rhinestone Eyes – Gorillaz
Le Nominations & Questions:
- Diamond @ Build A Bears Furever
- maggie @ maggie’s doodles
- Dhrithi Keni @ The Tomboy Diaries
- Evin @ A Curly Sue’s Ramblings
- Betty @ The box of Wonder
- Lili @ Lili’s Not-So-Secret-Diary
- Ib @ It’s IB
- Pavithra @ Small Talks
- Shivi @ Shivictionary
- You guys!
- Who would you say has influenced your music choices the most?
- If you’re stuck in a case of FOMO, how do you generally try to overcome it?
- The one fashion trend you think is absolutely ridiculous.
- The most controversial food combo everyone seems to enjoy, but you dislike.
- Your favorite and least favorite cake flavour?
So….that’s it for today. Don’t forget to like, share, and comment, and if you’d like to see more content under this category : click here.
Until then, fellow readers! SS is out for now.