What comes to your mind when you hear the words “book lover”? I’m pretty sure you’re picturing a nerdy and an introverted individual, right? Well, that’s not entirely the case, ’cause book lovers are quite an interesting species who have their own set of ups and downs. How do I know this? It’s mainly ’cause yours truly was a book lover in middle school and high school.
However, if you’re gonna befriend a book lover, there are some things which you should avoid telling a book lover at all costs; since they’re quite passionate about their beloved books. So, I’ve gathered some quotes that annoy them the most and turned it into a list. Without further ado, let’s prepare ourselves for a list of eye-rolling. Brace yourselves!
- “The movie/TV series is so much better than the book!”
- “Why don’t you fold the page to mark where you’re at?”
- “Stop crying and get over it. It’s just a fictional character/book!”
- “Which is your favourite book?”
- “Why do you have so many books if you’re not going to read them?”
- “Hey……..I lost the book you lent me the other day.”
- “So, I accidentally got juice/food all over your book.”
- “Don’t you have better things to do other than reading?”
- “You still read real books?? Wow, you’re so ancient…..”
- “Ugh, I hate the smell of new books”
- “How do you have so much time to read a huge book like that?”
- “Can’t you use the books as a prop for the TV?”
- “Who gives books as a gift? It’s so lame”
On a side note, you’re never too old to read YA books.
Dear book lovers, do you have any more quotes that you’d like to share? Then be sure to fill up the comments. See ya next Monday, fellow readers!
© 2021, Silver Stone. All rights reserved. Don’t land yourself in hot water, be smart!